How many invitations should I order?
In general, you can take the number of people on your guest list and cut it in half. We recommend ordering about 10% additional to have on hand as extras. More specifically, you can count one invitation for each of the following:
- a single guest
- a couple (married or living together)
- a family, including children under the age of 18
- any children still living with their parents who are older than age 18
- your officiant
A number of factors will affect how many extras you should order, so be sure to think about the following:
- are you hiring a calligrapher? Most calligraphers will suggest anywhere from 10%-15% extras to allow for the inevitable addressing mistakes and ink splotches that come with hand lettered envelopes. If you think you might use a calligrapher, I would inquire early so you know how many extras to provide her with.
- are you addressing the invitations yourself? Do you think you’ll make many mistakes? (nerves happen!) We always include a few extra envelopes in every order, but if you think you might need A LOT of extra envelopes, let us know and we can adjust your order accordingly.
- do you want to save several invitations as keepsakes? If so, it’s best to save a few pristine ones rather than ones that have gotten dirty going through the mail.
- do you have a ‘B-List’? Typically people will have a ‘B-List’ when they have already reached the capacity of their venue (or budget) but still have more people that they would like to include. Once someone from your primary guest list declines you can mail the other invitation.
- do you have guests that have already told you they may not be able to attend? You should still send them an invitation.
What kind of paper do you use?
Our standard wedding invitation paper is an ultra thick 130 lb. smooth cover in either white or cream. Our other wedding invitation paper options include 107 lb. shimmer cover, 118 lb 100% cotton cover, and 130 lb. linen cover. Wedding accessories, such as ceremony programs and thank you note cards, are printed on a variety of coordinating papers that vary from 80 lb. cover to 130 lb. cover, depending on the item.
Our standard party invitation paper stock is a nice, thick 110 lb. smooth cover made from 100% recycled content. Party accessories are printed on a variety of coordinating papers ranging from 80 lb. cover to 100 lb. cover.
How is my invitation printed?
The items available in our online shop are all printed with our standard method, flat digital printing. However, we also offer specialty printing methods such as white ink, foil, letterpress, etc. Contact us for pricing info on specialty printing methods.
How do I pay for my order?
We accept all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express, as well as PayPal. We also accept personal checks and money orders, but please keep in mind that these payment methods will add up to 14 days processing time to your order. Proofing and/or production of your order will not begin until the personal check has cleared your financial institution. This also applies to e-checks through PayPal.
If you are purchasing from our Signature Wedding Collection – Adorned Invitations, you will begin by placing a deposit for your order. Click “Add to Cart” on the appropriate invitation design to add the $150 deposit fee to your shopping cart. You will then be directed to a checkout page where you may enter your payment and shipping information. After checkout, be sure to complete the Adorned Order Form to specify your Adornments. Proofing begins when your deposit and order form have been received. The final balance will be due at time of proof approval and an invoice will be sent to the email address you have provided us. Printing and production of your order begins when payment has been received in full.
If you have placed an offline order, such as a custom wedding or party order, an invoice for a 50% deposit will be sent to the email address you have provided us. Design work will begin when payment of your deposit has been received. The final balance will be due at time of proof approval and an invoice will be sent via email. Printing and production of your order begins when payment of the final balance has been received.
Do you charge sales tax?
The current sales tax rate will be collected on all orders shipped to an Illinois address.
Do you offer printing services?
Our invitation services include the finished product from concept to completion. That means we will design your order, print, assemble, and ship it to you ready to mail. We even offer mailing services for an extra fee.
Can I save money by assembling myself?
We believe in sending only the best quality invitations and providing the highest quality service, so at this time we do not offer DIY options. All orders are shipped ready for you to seal and send.
How does your wedding invitation pricing work?
You can find our full price list price list here. The base price includes a wedding invitation suite consisting of an invitation, response postcard, and mailing envelope. All additional options are priced à la carte, so that you can build a wedding invitation package that includes exactly what you want for the price that fits your budget. Simply take the number of invitations that you need and multiply by the price per invitation and/or adornment to get your total cost.
75 Invitation Suites = $360
+ Shimmer Coverstock Upgrade $0.50 x 75 = $37.50
+ Coverstock Belly Bank $0.50 x 75 = $37.50
= $435.00 total